Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I learn something new about myself everyday

Ever stop and realize you just did something you normally don't do? Hint: It's because you're growing up. ( hopefully)

I dislike using the phrase ' The OLD me ' but I shall just one time today.
The old me was mad at the world , questioning why all these things have happened to me, and just flat out lost.
Today's ME has stopped trying to find these answers and start to make my own path. When a door closes in my face, I reflect and figure out how to open a new door and follow it and so on. I pray more , I believe in God even when things don't go my way. I know he has a plan for me and I'm praying and working hard towards it. These past few months have been a test for me.

Anyways, today I caught wind that someone I highly dislike is getting demoted. At first I was all like '' Heck yeah fckin right '' smirkin , all of that. After a few minutes I sat down quietly to get back to work and I actually thought about it. Then I started to feel guilty. I do not want to be the type of person who laughs and finds joy in other peoples' downfalls. I said a little prayer to myself for forgiveness. I made a vow today that I would not tolerate that within myself because it is not who I am. I actually do feel bad for this person as much as I do not favor them. God knows what he is doing and it isn't my place to be giggling since I'd be pretty upset if I were in that position. I let it go after that and realized I am really forming into the person I want to be and I am.

I'll drink to that! * chuckles *

Love you - Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment